Aleksandra Mindoljević Drakulić, Ph. D., Medical Sciences, Assistant Professor
Clinical psychologist and psychotherapist.
Place of Birth: Split, Croatia
Aleksandra Mindoljević Drakulić has been working at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences since 2016. As a certified psychotherapist, she leads psychotherapy groups, seminars and workshops, related to personal growth and development. She is a member of the Institute for Integrative Medicine at the Medical School University of Osijek since its inception in October 2014.
- 2012 – Ph.D. in Clinical Psychiatry, Medical School, University of J. J. Strossmayer Osijek
- 2002 – M.S. in Psychotherapy, Medical School, University of Zagreb
- 1994 – B.A in Psychology, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Zagreb.
Work and Teaching Experience:
- 2016 – present – Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb
- 2009 – 2016 – Faculty of Teacher Education, University of Zagreb – Department of Psychology (courses “Developmental Psychology”, and “Psychodrama and children’s subjective-well being” at the Faculty of Teacher Education as well as “Educational Communication” at the Faculty of Science and Faculty of Kinesiology, Zagreb University.); “Psychodrama Theory and Technique” – elective course for acting and puppetry students at the Academy of Arts in Osijek (2010-2012) – Senior Lecturer
- 2007 – 2009 – School psychologist – Elementary School “Antun Branko Šimić”, Zagreb
- 1997-2006 – Psychologist at the Department of Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Zagreb University Hospital Centre and research fellowship at the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb (“Psychological Medicine” – one-semester undergraduate course at the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb – Lecturer; Psychotherapy and Psychotrauma – postgraduate courses at the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb – Senior Lecturer)
- 1995 – 1996 – School psychologist – “First Elementary School” Dugave, Zagreb
Postgraduate Specialisation in Psychotherapy:
- Certified in clinical training in Imago Relationship Therapy, The Association of Imago Relationship Therapists Croatia, 2019.
- Psychodrama Psychotherapy, professional five – year psychotherapy training completion, Institute for Psychodrama, Belgrade, 2009
- Family Psychotherapy and Partner Psychotherapy, professional five -year psychotherapy training completion, University Hospital Centre and Medical School, University of Zagreb, 2002
- Group Analysis , preparatory one – year training completion , Institute of Group Analysis, Zagreb and Department of Psychological Medicine, University Hospital Centre, University of Zagreb, 2000
Long-term Cooperation with the Media:
Expert magazine columnist: Epoha (official publication of HUOJ, Croatian Association of Public Relations – a monthly magazine for communication culture), ProMente Croatica (a magazine that promotes mental health), Formasana (a magazine that promotes psychophysical health and wellbeing). Croatian television and radio: Regular appearance on talk shows regarding mental health topics (HRT, Z1, RTL TV, Radio Sljeme, Public Radio, etc.)
Awards and Honours:
- In 2013 she received the social recognition of the Croatian Psychological Association “Marulić-Fiat Psychologia” for a particulary valuable contribution to the development and promotion of applied psychology.
- During the 2015 her university textbook “Suicide: phenomenology and psychodynamics” won a “Psychological award Zoran Bujas“. The Croatian Psychological Association offers this award for a distinguished psychological book of the year that has made a significant contribution to the field of psychology.
Professional Associations Memberships:
- Founder and President of the Croatian Psychodrama Association
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Croatian Psychological Association
- Member of the Croatian Psychological Chamber
- Member of the British Psychodrama Association
- Chair of the Psychodynamic Psychology Section of the Croatian Psychological Association