Born in 1969 in Split. Aleksandra Mindoljević Drakulić has been working at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences since 2016. As certified psychotherapist, she provides psychodynamic psychotherapy for individuals, couples and groups, she leads seminars and workshops, related to personal growth and development. She is a member of the Institute for Integrative Medicine at the Medical School University of Osijek since its inception in October 2014.
She graduated from the Classical High School “Natko Nodilo” in Split.
B.A. in Psychology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb.”
M.S. in Psychotherapy, Medical School, University of Zagreb.
Ph.D. in Clinical Psychiatry, Medical School, University of J. J. Strossmayer Osijek.
Work and Teaching Experience:
1995 – 1996
School psychologist – “First Elementary School” Dugave, Zagreb.
1997 – 2006
Psychologist at the Department of Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Zagreb University Hospital Centre and research fellowship at the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb (“Psychological Medicine” – one-semester undergraduate course at the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb – Lecturer; Psychotherapy and Psychotrauma – postgraduate courses at the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb – Senior Lecturer)
2007 – 2009
School psychologist – Elementary School “Antun Branko Šimić”, Zagreb.
2009 – 2016
Faculty of Teacher Education, University of Zagreb – Department of Psychology (courses “Developmental Psychology”, and “Psychodrama and children’s subjective-well being” at the Faculty of Teacher Education as well as “Educational Communication” at the Faculty of Science and Faculty of Kinesiology, Zagreb University.); “Psychodrama Theory and Technique” – elective course for acting and puppetry students at the Academy of Arts in Osijek (2010-2012) – Senior Lecturer.
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb.
Postgraduate Specialisation in Psychotherapy:
Certified in clinical training in Imago Relationship Therapy, The Association of Imago Relationship Therapists Croatia, 2019.
Psychodrama Psychotherapy, professional five – year psychotherapy training completion, Institute for Psychodrama, Belgrade, 2009.
Family and Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, professional five-year psychodynamic psychotherapy training completion, University Hospital Centre Zagreb and Medical School, University of Zagreb, 2002.
Group Analysis, introductory course in group analysis training completion, in training for group analyst, Institute of Group Analysis Zagreb, Department of Psychological Medicine University Hospital Centre Zagreb and Medical School, University of Zagreb, 2000.
Long-term Cooperation with the Media:
Expert magazine columnist: Epoha (official publication of HUOJ, Croatian Association of Public Relations – a monthly magazine for communication culture), ProMente Croatica (a magazine that promotes mental health), Formasana (a magazine that promotes psychophysical health and wellbeing). Croatian television and radio: Regular appearance on talk shows regarding mental health topics (HRT, Z1, RTL TV, Radio Sljeme, Public Radio, etc.)
Awards and Honours:
- In 2013 she received the social recognition of the Croatian Psychological Association “Marulić-Fiat Psychologia” for a particulary valuable contribution to the development and promotion of applied psychology.
- During the 2015 her university textbook “Suicide: phenomenology and psychodynamics” won a “Psychological award Zoran Bujas“. The Croatian Psychological Association offers this award for a distinguished psychological book of the year that has made a significant contribution to the field of psychology.
Professional Associations Memberships:
- Founder and president of the Croatian Psychodrama Society
- Member of the Association of Croatian Imago Therapists
- Member of the Institute of Group Analysis Zagreb
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Croatian Psychological Association
- Head of the Section of Psychodynamic Psychology of the Croatian Psychological Association
- Member of the Croatian Chamber of Psychotherapists
Living with a malignant disease – creative curriculum for parents, students and teachers
Mother, woman and motherhood
Suicide: Phenomenology and Psychodynamics
Small Dictionary of Psychodrama Terms
Clinical psychologist and psychotherapist.